Saturday, September 26, 2009

How can I make money from my Music Compositions

How can I make money from my Music Compositions

I am at university and want to earn a bit of money while studying music. I have a strong knowledge of music theory and have been composing for years. How can I make money from my music compositions? Do solo instruments generally generate more profit than ensemble pieces? And what genre of music generates the most money/ sells the easiest- could I earn money composing some basic classical pieces

Well I would try first going to someone that would like to play your work, maybe a University Orchestra or something like that. Or you could maybe ask around and see if any Orchestras are interested in playing a student piece. I'm sure that one of these two things will work. If not then maybe try recording some of these things yourself. You can show friends and other people you know and who knows maybe you can get some money out of it!Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment